Monday, February 18, 2008

Baby Shower Pouch


Here is my second completed project done on this holiday off from work.

It is a little candy favor pouch made from an envelope! Yes that's right - an envelope. It was the 'Try a New Technique' challenge on Split Coast today. You can see Amanda's tutorial for this on her blog here.

I designed mine for a baby shower - using the traditional yellows and greens for not knowing the sex of the baby! I used my Stampin Up Baby Time wheel stamp on the yellow designer paper from SU for the border on the bottom. I cut the edges with scalloped edge scissors and colored in with my Prismacolor markers. The 2 scalloped circles are punched, stamped, sponged and layered. I added papershred to the inside and would add some kind of candy or nut treat when actually using it at a shower.

The 'For Baby' tag, shower umbrella and star are all stamps from Stampin Up. I used black and So Saffron inks. I attached the tag with a cute little star brad. I used dimensionals to attach the light circle to the DP circle so it's popped up a bit. I tied a little bow using green threaded ribbon and attached it to the umbrella handle with a glue dot.

I want to try this again with different size envelopes to see what other looks you can get from this design. You could also make other themes - St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's, 4th of July, Birthday - any event you need a party favor for. Let me know what you might make one for by clicking on comments below!

No comments: