Wednesday, February 20, 2008

May You Have Warm Words


Hi everyone - are you checking out the total eclipse of the moon tonight?? It's almost total here right now (10:30 pm). I always find eclipses amazing events. I saw a full solar eclipse on Cape Cod when I was in my 20's - we had to use special panels to look at the sun or we'd burn our eyes.

I made this St. Patrick's Day card for today's sketch challenge on SCS. I used an Old Irish Blessing stamp by My Sentiments Exactly. I stamped over the sentiment with a heart shamrock stamp by AipVip's using a light soft sage ink by Memories. I used that soft sage ink again on the Pretty Pattern background stamp by Cornish Heritage Farms.
The sentiment and popped up heart shamrock are stamped in Forest Green Stazon Ink which gives a great dark image. You have to be careful you don't smoosh it though as it's a juicier ink!The card is Naturals Ivory by SU and the green and orange panels are textured card stock by Bazzill.
I attached a Martha Stewart ribbon around the panel and a plastic shamrock in the corner.
This is a great sketch and I'm sure I'll use it again. I have a lot of stamps that will fit in that front panel!
Thanks for looking in again - see you tomorrow!

No comments: