Thursday, March 6, 2008

Curious Clip

I'm later than usual posting tonight - I was at my church after work helping put together lobster rolls for our sale tomorrow. We have this sale 4 times a year and it's a great fund raiser. Everyone gets orders from their neighbors or co-workers. I'll be lugging in 13 lunches to work on the subway tomorrow morning! Tonight we prepared the lobster, cut up home made brownies and packed the lunch bags with a napkin, a packet of mayo, a bag of chips and a brownie. The lobster roll goes in tomorrow when people pick them up or have them delivered.


I thought I wouldn't be doing a card tonight but todays Ways to Use It Challenge on Split Coast was to use your computer in the making of your card and a friend at work asked me to make a card for her son who is turning 1 this month. She said he loves Curious George so I knew I'd need to find some clip art for the card- perfect opportunity to get this card done and also do a challenge! So I googled Curious George and found some great pictures that I printed - enlarged - and cut out for my card.


I used a wonderful marble texture cube stamp from Stampendous for the background that I've had for ages but have not used until today and I love the effect it gives! It has 3 other marble patterns on it so now that I know it's so neat - I'll be sure to try it on other cards! The ovals, which I made using my nestability dies, and George are up on dimensionals. This is a 5x5 card so I made a coordinating envelope to fit it using DP and an envelope template from The Paper Source.

Thanks for coming by tonight! Aren't you so glad tomorrow is Friday and the weekend's coming? Be sure to check back and see what I'm up to!

Stamps: Sentiment: Clear Art Stamps, Marble Texture: Stampendous, Alphabet Snap Stamps: Karen Foster
Paper: Yo Yo Yellow, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Pitch Black & Hazelnut: Adirondack
Accessories: nestability ovals, brads, dimensionals, clip art from computer, hole punch

1 comment:

dpkennedy said...

This is adorable! I love the background!