Monday, April 28, 2008

Two Way Folded Birthday

Well - we got our rain today! It has been pouring since about 11 am. We really needed it as it had been so dry we were having a lot of brush fires in all the surrounding communities.

I took a vacation day today, unfortunately so that I could go to a funeral, please say a prayer for Christine who lost her battle with cancer last Thursday -

but I was also able to get to stamping earlier than usual!

What a fun Try a New Technique challenge today! A two way fold card. Briefly, you cut a square 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 as the base - then you add an 8 x 4 layer folded in half - that you cut the front off at an angle - then you add another layer inside 3 1/2 x 7 folded in half. You can see the instructions here. I added a belly band to hold it closed (some people added a ribbon). The belly band is 11" x 1" and scored at 3 3/8" and 8" - overlapped and closed with adhesive. I added circles to the band to dress it up a bit.

I used PapertreyInk pink papers - I just love the colors and patterns on these.

Thought for today from Poor Richard's Almanac: "A house without woman and firelight, is like a body without soul or sprite."

Stamps: Boxes, bags & tags, Birthday Basics: PapertreyInk
Paper: White, Berry Sorget, Sweet Blush, DP: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Onyx Black: Versafine, Berry Sorbet & Spring Moss: Papertrey Ink
Accessories: scallop punch, circle punch

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Ooooh, Julia, this is so pretty! I love these colors, just haven't gotten them yet!

~amy~ said...

Great two way folded card! I'll have to check out the "Try a New Tech Challenge"...

dpkennedy said...

This card is gorgeous! Love that paper too! I like the belly band you added, nice touch!

Prayers for Christine's family...so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Awesome card, Julia! The PTI papers are really pretty. You did a fabulous job with your design for this fold.

Deb Wood said...

I love that berry sorbet paper too and this turned out so pretty!! Great job with the challenge!

Sorry for you loss, prayers for Christine and her family!!

Jamie Martin said...

Pretty card, great job on the challenge :)