Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wedding Box & Thank You's

This is a project I submitted to the PapertreyInk April Guest Star Designer Contest. I didn't win but I'm really happy with how this came out! It's a wedding gift box filled with 8 Thank you cards for the Bride and Groom to use after the wedding (I know - they will need maybe 20 times that many but this will give them a start!! LOL!)

I got this nice thin wooden box at AC Moore for $1.99 and I covered it with Papertrey Designer paper from their Pink Patterns collection. I stamped flowers and Mr & Mrs on the outside corner of the envelopes. All the stamps are from their Wedding Day stamp set.


I glued Berry Sorbet dotted ribbon around the edge of the cover. The flowers on the top are from Michaels. They are in the Wedding section and come in a clear pail and are called wedding confetti. I sponged them with Sweet Blush ink, curled them a little on my finger and punched a circle out of Berry Sorbet card stock with my hole punch for the centers. I added Crystal effects to the centers to give them dimension and shine.



I lined the inside cover and bottom of the box with another of the pink pattern designer papers.

I made the thank you cards with Papertrey white and Berry Sorbet card stock, 2 nestability squares, Berry Sorbet dotted ribbon and the Many Thanks stamp from their Wedding Day set. I also embossed a square frame on the white card stock behind the nestability squares (you can see that best on the first picture above).

Thanks for taking a look at my project!

Stamps: PTI Wedding Day
Paper: Berry Sorbet, White, Sweet Blush, Pink Patterns Collection
Ink: Pitch Black Adirondack, Berry Sorbet PTI
Accessories: Box from AC Moore, Nestabilities, dimensionals, paperflowers: Michaels wedding confetti, ribbon: PTI

7 comments:

Bunny B said...

That's soooo pretty! I would have loved to receive this on my wedding!

Deb Wood said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!! I can't imagine who won!! Keep trying your work is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Charlene (LilLuvsStampin)

I am incredulous that your beautiful gift set of wedding thank-you cards did not win, Julia! This set and box are just exquisite. My stepson is getting married in June and, if you don't mind, I'd like to case your idea.

dpkennedy said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the color and pp! You did such a fabulous job covering every part of the box and those flowers on top are beautiful! What a great start for the couple's thank you's!!

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is such a nice gift! Another winner in my book!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Beautifully made.

Geny said...

Really really love this creation! Great job, I am sure the recipient will LOVE it!