Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Happy Busy Day for Me!

Wow! What a day I've had today!

First, when I checked out who was the Featured Stamper on Split Coast before going to church this morning - I found out it was ME!!! That means everyone participating in the challenge - looks in my gallery and chooses a card to CASE (copy and selectively edit). And what I wanted to do was just stay home all day and go into the Featured Stamper gallery and see all the cards people made based on my cards and comment on them!

But - first I had to go to church - and then I had to drive 1 hour to Manchester, NH to teach my very first class at a stamp shop called the Paper Tree. So I was gone to that from 11 - 4:30!

Here is a picture of the class - where we made the cute little paper LL Bean-like bags that everyone is holding up!

A happy shout out to Janice, Lynn, Maddy, Michelle, Kerry and Dawn! We had a great time making these today! And thanks also to owner Michelle (not in pic) for inviting me to teach there! At least 3 of these ladies are on Split Coast.

When I got home I was able to work on commenting on cards for about 1hour.

Then DH and I had to eat supper - so we went out to Applebee's and then had to do a few errands (like get cat foood!).

So finally at 8:30 pm I started my card for the Dare To Get Dirty Challenges being held all this past week at Split Coast. I thought with this card I was now caught up - but found out there are 4 more challenges for today!
This card is for 3 DTGD challenges - Jen's sketch, Kittie's Make a Scene and Laura's make it dirty (distress, sponge & tear - not the other kind LOL!!!) I used a Kraft card stock base and layered on a green bazzill piece with sponged and distressed edges. Then I cuttled the 4 smaller squares putting ink on the folder so it came out two tone. I sponged and distressed the edges on these. I made my little shack in the field scene with 4 separate stamps, colored them, sponged and distressed the edges. I doodled around the edge of the card and added the velvet ribbon and metal dots. Finally, I stamped the sentiment on Kraft - sponged and distressed.

So - I'm exhausted from my day - but a very happy camper!

Stamps: Shack & Old fence: Stampscapes, plant - Stampington & Co, Sentiment: Inky Antics
Paper: Kraft, close to cocoa, bazzill green
Ink: soft sky, close to cocoa, so saffron: SU, Onyx black versafine
Accessories: distresser, cuttlebug & folder, foam dimensionals, black micron pen, black velvet ribbon, metal dots, Prismacolor markers: walnut, cinnamon toast, green tea, mulberry, terra cotta, olive green, home made cloud template

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say Congrats on being chosen featured stamper although I didn't get a chance to case one of your cards. Looked through your gallery, picked out a few cards but things got in the way of stamping!! Great gallery you have and I enjoy your blog.

Bev J. (Maxell on SCS)

~amy~ said...

WOO HOO Julia!!! I was thrilled to see that you are the Featured Stamper!!! You sooo deserve it, I love your style! When you have a chance, shoot me your snail mail so that I pop your card in the mail...have a super week, looks like it has started off with a bang!

P.S. Congrats on your class at the Paper Tree! FABulous multi-challenge card too!

LynnMT0906 said...

Thanks for a fun time!!!

Denise Clark said...

I love the country feel of this card!

Congrats on being the Featured Stamper!!!!

Denise

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Julia! Your gallery rocks.

dpkennedy said...

Great card Julia and congrats on being the featured stamper! I think I will have to join in! I'm gonna case one of your cards and hopefully get one done and posted before the end of the week!! What fun to teach a class too! Have a great week!!

Unknown said...

A HUGE Congratulations on being the featured stamper! I was a little late joining in the challenge, but I finally got there. I had sooooooooo much fun perusing your gallery. Your work is simply awesome!