Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Pretty New Home, a Teapot and 10% off !

Hi Everyone! I have two cards to share with you today:

I made this card for the Color Challenge over on Split Coast as well as the Double Dare Challenge I do with a few friends on SCS.


The color challenge was to use Pomegranate, Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi. I am presently on vacation and have limited supplies with me (!) so the card stock is Wild Wasabi and I used colors as close as I could to the challenge to color the house.

Francie G was the hostess of the Double Dare challenge this week and her instructions were to make a card with an outdoor scene. You can see all the challenge cards here.

I needed a card to send to some friends that just moved into a new home - so I inked up my new PTI set Boards and Beams - I just LOVE this house stamp. I masked the fence and stamped the tree over the mask so it looks like it's behind the fence.
I used one of the dies from the Spellbinders Tag Trio to cut and dry emboss around the sentiment. I mounted it to the card with foam dimensionals.


Stamps: PapertreyInk: Boards and Beams
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Basic Black - SU, white - PTI
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
Accessories: Foam dimensionals, Prismacolor markers: sky blue light, dark brown, sand, sunburst yellow, dark olive green, taupe, french grey, raspberry, green tea, Spellbinders tag trio, cuttlebug

I made this card for the Teapot Tuesday challenge Mothermark (Cindy) has on her blog every Tuesday. She shows you a teapot from her collection to inspire you to make a card.I am on vacation so don't have ALL my supplies (!) and didn't have any stars with me - so I improvised and used a stamp from Artful Inkables Dandie Sunburst set that looks like a star or maybe fireworks (?!!).
This fun stamp set is a new release and is available now - Kristin is offering a 10% discount during July on all her sets so be sure to check it all out here!
I folded a cute banner strip under my sentiment that I learned from Lauren Meader at a class I took of hers recently at The Paper Tree in Manchester, NH. You just score 2 lines on each end close together then fold one down and one out - and cut the ends as shown. It makes a nicely popped up sentiment and looks kind of festive I think!
Thank you for stopping by!
Stamps: artful Inkables: Sunburst Dandies, Basic Salutations
Paper: Very vanilla, night of navy, bashful blue: SU
Ink: Color box chalk ink: warm red, blue iris
Accessories: scor-pal, brads: making memories, foam dimensionals, prismacolor markers: crimson red, sky blue light, indigo blue

6 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Goodness, I haven't been here in awhile! You have a MARVELOUS new banner!! Where is that?

Love your cards - both for the CC and the teapot! Haven't made my teapot yet, but I will soon!

Beautiful coloring! And did I ever tell you congrats on your new DT????

pammyrn said...

Wow just awesome. I love this card. I would of never thought of fireworks with this set. But wow it works.

Hugs Pam

Beth Thomas said...

Love both of these- you are doing great with your "limited supplies!" I think that the dandies look awesome on as stars/firework images!

Susan said...

I have to agree with Judy about the new look to your blog. so professional! Great job on making stars and from Artful Inkables no less!

Hope you're having fun doing all your heart desires on vacation, Julia!

LeAnne said...

Great cards, the acetate is on my wish list so I can make some cool cards like those!!!
LeAnne

Deb Wood said...

I love both cards, but that new home card is simply awesome and colored to perfection!