Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Chocolate Bunny and a Vintage Prints Christmas

Saturday's inspiration challenge on Split Coast was an ETSY webb site by Joom who makes beautiful pillows. I was inspired by this chocolate bunny pillow here:
And this is the card I made.
I used a Martha Stewart lacy punch for the edges and a bunny and flower stamp by Artful INKables. The vase is an oval nestability that I cut the top off, turned around the cut off piece and attached it to the larger piece to create the opening of the vase. I did a lot of sponging and doodling on the edges and all the images are up on foam dimensionals!

You can get 10% off all your purchases at Artful Inkables by using my code SAVE10JA when you check out - so hop on over to see the fun sets and charms Kristin has to offer you!

Stamps: Deer Friends, Pressed Flower Petals, Basic Salutations: Artful INKables
Paper: vintage cream: PTI, close to cocoa: SU
Ink: Onyx black versafine, close to cocoa - SU, Dark Chocolate: PTI
Accessories: lacey border punch: Martha Stewart, Oval Nestability, cuttlebug, Prismacolor markers, foam dimensionals, circle punches

My second card is for the Featured Stamper challenge on Split Coast who this week was Emily (Ink-E) who is just 18 years old. I had not been in her gallery before and found some very lovely cards there! I chose this card of hers to case.

Being in my 'I need to get my Christmas cards done now' mode (!) - I changed the sentiment to a Christmas one and used Holiday Vintage Prints designer paper by Papertrey Ink.
I used my 1.25 inch square punch from Creative Memories to punch the perfect sized squares and attached them to the Vintage Cream card stock from PTI. I stamped the sentiment twice - once in gold pigment ink (Colorbox) then in Pure Poppy (PTI) -cut out the oval sentment part of the poppy one and layered it onto the gold one with a foam dimensional.

Then I wrapped the pure poppy satin ribbon around it placing the cut ends under the sentiment and done! This is nice and thin for mailing too!

Congratulations to Emily on being Featured Stamper today I'm sure she had a wonderful day looking at all the CASE's of her cards!!

Now I'm off to my stamping room to make 10 more of these pretty cards!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!

Stamps: Cute & Curly: SU
Paper: Vintage Cream, DP: Holiday Vintage Prints: PTI
Ink: Pure Poppy: PTI, Color box pigment ink - Gold
Accessories: foam dimensionals, 1 1/4 inch square punch - creative Memories, curly label punch: SU, Pure Poppy satin ribbon: PTI

14 comments:

Deb Wood said...

I love them both!! Fabulous!!

LeAnne said...

Very nice cards....the bunny one is so sweet! I am hoping to find some stamping time TONIGHT!!!
LeAnne

Shirley said...

Both cards are wonderful~ The first one is just so warm and that bunny is too cute! The second one is just a really beautiful patchwork of Christmas to come.

Jami said...

I love that bunny card Julia!! So sweet, and the punched frame is way cool!!!
hugs, Jami

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Both cards are fantastic Julia! I love the warm chocolates of the first one, and the fun bold brights of the second!!

Lisa Olson said...

Julia, another two stunning card, I love the squares on the christmas card, I love the fact that its all about the paper and the sentiment.
Oh and the bunny card is amazing...Love It!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you did the vase for your cute bunny card! So very clever and I'll have to remember that. Love your Christmas card, too. That's a great design for doing in multiples. Have fun punching those pretty papers!

Catherine said...

love both of them, Julia :)

Ann said...

I'm in love with your bunny card! How on earth did I miss that pillow?! Your Christmas card is gorgeous, too! :D

Beth Thomas said...

Wonderful! I love how you used the little AI bunny for the inspiration and your Christmas card is beautiful!

dpkennedy said...

These are both beautiful! I love the PTI dp on the Christmas card. That bunny is too cute! I just got some stamps from AI-I had to have that butterfly!! Thanks for the discount code!!

Carla said...

The bunny card is spectacular, and the Christmas card is simply elegant! Great work!!

Terri said...

SUPER cute cards, love them both!!

Kristin said...

You really nailed the challenge on this one, Julia! I love the combination of warmth and cuteness!