Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Twig Wreath and A Class at The Papertree

I got another Christmas card done today - Yippee!! I actually made 10 of these - I try to do 10 at a time so I'll have enough for mailing (which will be soon - won't it!!)

Todays card was made for the Featured Stamper challenge on Split Coast. Dawn (flowergirl36) was honored today. I chose this pretty Frosty Twigs card of her's to case.

I changed the stamp to a twigy wreath by PSX rather than a twiggy snowman and changed the location of the ribbon due to the size of my stamp - and I added a sentiment by Papertrey Ink. I loved her idea of the glitter background stamping and used that with a different background stamp (Pine Needles & Cones - Cornish Heritage Farms). I stamped the image using my Palette Stamp & Stick Glue Pad - then covered it with glitter.

Stamps: Wreath: PSX, Sentiment: Holiday Wishes: PTI, bg Pine Needles and cones: Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: cranberry crisp, baja breeze: SU, white: PTI
Ink: Dark Chocolate: PTI
Accessories: Prismacolor marker: sky blue light, sheer dotted ribbon: Michaels, glitter: JoAnn's, oval punch: SU, foam dimensionals, Palette Stamp & Stick Glue Pad


Before I was able to stamp tonight - I spent the afternoon teaching a class at The Papertree, in Manchester, NH which is about 1 hour from where I live in MA. Michelle is the owner up there (Hey Michelle!!) and she has the most wonderful stamping shop! I teach a class there about once a month and always do a lot of shopping before I leave!

Today we made a double pocket bag (tutorial here on Split Coast) and an apron recipe card holder (tutorial here on my blog) for holiday gift giving. We used several stamps from Just Rite Stampers and one from Amuse. I also gave everyone a packet of Swiss Miss Cocoa and 2 home made biscotti since that was the recipe they put on the card tucked into the apron. This apron can slip into the double pocket card - or it also fits in a regular size envelope for mailing.

I'll be posting my biscotti recipe tomorrow morning (12/1) with my H&M Stamps Creative Gift Wrapping blog hop - so be sure to check it out!


And a big shout out to Linda, Debbie, Lisa and Maddy my fun classmates today!

It was snowing in NH so that really put me in the holiday mood - unfortunately - it was just rain at home!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to come by and say hello!!






7 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What a gorgeous holiday card ... love the great wreath and the glittered background.

Bev J. said...

Love your glittery wreath card. The projects you made were all neat and the recipe sounds delicious-like that it is a softer version.

I haven't posted anything new on my blog for awhile and am thinking about closing it out. I stamp mostly for myself and family so have a hard time remembering to post anything new. Thanks so much for the nice comments you have left. Bev J.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I love your gorgeous wreath Julia!! Love the sparkly bg too!! And your apron recipe pocket is just darling!!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, your card is gorgeous! I have to get a move on my Christmas cards, yikes! Love the apron card too! Glad your class was fun!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wonderful projects! Love your beautiful wreath card;and the apron recipe holder and double bag are so cute fun little gift!

Jami said...

Beautiful card - love the glitter stamped BG!! Looks like a fun class - great projects!!
hugs, Jami

Shirley said...

What a lovely lovely card!