Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wrapping a Tree

Today's fun Inspiration Challenge on Split Coast was a web site of wrapping papers - here is the paper I was inspired by:

And here is the Christmas card I created from the inspiration.

I used the sweet winter tree from 'A Tree for All Seasons' retired Stampin Up set and punched circles with my hole punch to decorate it with. I added some shimmer to the circles, snow and snowman with my silver Spica pen. I cuttled the background with the Swiss Dots folder and used my Spellbinders ribbon tag die for the Papertrey Ink sentiment. The pink threaded ribbon is by Amuse. The image and sentiment are both up on foam dimensionals. This is a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 card.

Thanks Anne (itsapassion) for guest hosting today and also for the wonderful inspirations!! Another Christmas card done!
Just a little toot of my own horn: if any of you get the Stampers Sampler magazine - one of my cards was published in the Dec/Jan 2009 Issue on page 55. 'Health and Longevity' It was chosen as a sample of using grid blocks on your card.

Hope you all have a great weekend - thanks for stopping by today!


Stamps: A tree for all Seasons: SU, Sentiment: Silent Night: PTI
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, cranberry crisp, pretty in pink, bordering blue: SU, White: PTI
Ink: Onyx black versafine
Accessories: pink stitched ribbon: Amuse, foam dimensionals, cuttlebug, swiss dots folder, prismacolor markers, silver spica, spellbinders ribbon tag, hole punch

12 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh goodness! I saw this on SCS but wanted to pop in and congratulate you on being published! How cool is that?????!!!!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

Great take on the inspiration Julia...love the colors!!! woo hoo on the pub!!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh!! I love the dots on your tiny, charming tree!! Gorgeous!! Congrats on the pub too!! Woo-Hoo!!

Susan said...

wow, hoo, Julia, way to go!!! I'll have to check into that magazine next time I'm at the store.

Your IC card is a gret interpretation...love the idea of making the circles, and the swiss dots just add to the roundy theme!

Deewee's World said...

Love this card! Thanks for posting your creations. I love looking to see what you've come up with next!

Joan Ervin said...

I just love your card, Julia....the circles on the tree look fabulous....love the little snowman and the beautiful colors, too!!! A big CONGRATS to you too....WOWZER!!! How wonderful to have you card selected for publication!!! You are da BOMB, my friend!!! BTW, I left you a little award on my blog...you are sooo deserving!!!

Anne Harada said...

Yahooo!!! What GREAT news Julia!! How exciting, Congratulations on the publication!! I gotta go get that mag and look you up!! How very very cool!! Thanks for sharing the good news!!

Must say I love your card today! That little snowman is most adorable!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Congratulations on being published in Stampers Sampler!

Love your cute card!

LorettaL said...

Julia

It's a vision of polka dottie happiness!!!!

Loretta

Lisa Olson said...

Oh Julia this is absolutely stunning, I love the subtle colours and the inspiration u had is so clever. Really love this one.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an honor...Love this :)

dpkennedy said...

Love your card! Those colors are fabulous! And congrats on your publishing! How cool is that?! I will definitely pick up that issue!