Friday, February 6, 2009

Thank You Teacher

Have you been checking out the Nicole's blog everyday like I have??? Papertrey Ink is having a super 2nd year celebration - everyday there is a post and you can enter to win something. Today you can win a full year's supply of Card Stock! You have to make a card using Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Ocean Tides and Summer Sunrise. I chose to make this fun little back pack instead of a card.


I used all Papertrey supplies on this. The card stock is Summer Sunrise. The designer paper is Polka Dot Parade and the stamp set is 'Teacher's Apple", and the ribbons are Ocean Tides twill and double stitched.

Here is a side view so you can see the fun straps on the back. Just like the real thing only in miniature. This little pack would hold a gift card inside the main compartment or a couple of miniature candy bars. The front little pocket could hold some paper money folded up. I used velcro to hold both sections closed.

You can see my tutorial on how to make this cute little back pack here.

I've got a really busy weekend coming up so I may not be back until Sunday night or Monday! I'm teaching a class at the Papertree Shop in Manchester, NH tomorrow - maybe I'll see you there??

And don't forget - I'll be having some blog candy offerings on Feb 9 - my one year blog-aversary!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!


Stamps: Teacher's Apple: PTI

Paper: Summer Sunrise, DP-Polka Dot Parade: PTI

Ink: Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, True Black: PTI

Accessories: 1/4 hole punch, 1/8 hole punch, Ocean Tides Twill & Double Stitched Ribbons: PTI, Fantastix Coloring tool (to ink leaf & stem) Tsukineko, Velcro tabs, Nestability Double ended tag

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Julia - this is just so dinky!!! love it

Anonymous said...

Shut the door Julia!! This is amazing!! Love it!

Marlou McAlees said...

thanks Julia :) im adoring your little ruck sac its absolutely gorgeous :)

Dizzy Broad said...

This is fabulous!! Thanks for the tutorial link and also for your kind comment on my blog. Good luck with the paper contest! (I don't have those PTI colors so am bummed I can't play along :(

Dana said...

This is so stinkin cute! I am so inspired to create one from your tutorial too, thank for sharing the directions.

Julie said...

Adorable, Julia!! Love those cute straps on the back! So clever! :)

Cheryl said...

Now that is one cute backpack! So creative and fun.

Anne Harada said...

You make me crazy with these DARLING little 3-D proojects! This backpack is one of my favs that you do!! I was literally sitting down to go back and re-read about the "Notable Brief" you posted last weekend so I could case it and saw this post! Girl, I just cannot keep up!! What ever you're taking, I want some!! LOL!! ;)

Jen Caputo said...

Holy cow, this is just brilliant!! Wowza!

jacque4u2c said...

This is the cutest thing I have seen in ages! Great job and wonderful choice!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow this is so colorful, clean, and just darn cute!

Deanna said...

Super cute Julia! I love your little backpack!

pescbrico said...

What a cute backpack! It's awesome!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a winner. Fabulous creation.

Anonymous said...

Julia ~ Good Grief...This is the cutest thing I have seen in 3-D ever!!! What an imagination you have...Love the colors you chose too :)

Bev J. said...

What a cute little gift pack. Great project. tfs

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome!! I really love this adorable gift!! CUTE!! TFS!

Janine said...

HOW CUTE IS THIS!!!! Have a great weekend.

Curt in Indy said...

This is jaw drop amazing. Such detail! You did such an amazing job! Best, Curt

Kim said...

That is soooo cute!!! I love it! I should make one for my niece and put some candy in it or something for her....she just started preschool....

Jami said...

Wow!! This is so darling! Love it!!