Monday, March 9, 2009

Doodling with My Friends

This is my card for the CAS (clean and simple) Monday challenge on Split Coast - this week the challenge is to use just shades of blues and greens on your card.I used Ripe Avocado card stock from Papertrey Ink and 2 shades of green copics on the peas. The sentiment was stamped in Denim Adirondack ink and the doodling was done with a blue fine tip pen by Creative Memories. The cut out and embossing was done with square nestabilities.

The doodling also qualifies this card for this weeks Our Creative Corner Challenge.


The cute peas in a pod and sentiment are from the Veggie Set by Two Scoops Rice Designs Scroll way down on her site to see this set it's listed on an Oct 2007 posting.

As always - I appreciate your stopping by!

Stamps: Veggie Set: Two Scoops Rice Designs
Paper: ripe avocado, white: PTI
Ink: Ripe Avocado: PTI, Denim: Adirondack
Accessories: nestability squares, Copics YG03, G40, blue fine tip pen: Creative Memories

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable, Julia. Those little guys are so cute and I love your doodling!

Lauri said...

Such a cute card! I have to check out those challenges! Sometimes I think the simpler cards are the most difficult! I also should go pick up my mail and see if my Two Scoops order arrived!

Amber said...

i love it its soo sweet cute and simple great job have a blessed day

Pamela Smerker said...

absolutely adorable!

Carolyn King said...

this is such a cute card. LOVE the color too!

~amy~ said...

super cute Julia!!! Love those sweet peas!!!

LeAnne said...

Aren't they cute!

Marlou McAlees said...

this is soooo adorable!! LOve it :) ♥

dpkennedy said...

So cute! I love the peas and the cool embossing! I haven't tried that yet...maybe someday I will get around to it! Adorable card Julia!

Anonymous said...

So adorable!! Just love your embossing!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just precious Julia! Love the embossed frame.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I'm finally getting a chance to look at your blog, Julia! this CAS card is so cute!!! I will keep this on hand...my cousin stef is having a baby in May/June, and she loves to get cards, so i will do this in blue or pink, when the time comes!! TFS!!

Theresa Momber said...

So cute! Love the doodling and embossing!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute card - Julia!!! Your added doodles look awesome!!! I wish I could do them - LOL!!!

Thanks for playing the OCCC!!! Hugs ~S~