Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Bees Are Happy!

Well - I hit the trifecta with my card today! ...... as in I covered three challenges with this one little card!

1) The Color challenge on Split Coast this week was to pick a color of card stock then use bleach to stamp your chosen image - and use the resulting bleached color as your second color for your card,
2) the Tuesday Doubledog Dare Challenge from jdmommy was to have an out-of-the-box element on your card - in this case the flower is cut outside the 'circle'.
3) AND I finally got to do one of Mothermark's Tuesday Teapot challenges!!! Yippee!!!

My main color card stock is Stampin Up Vintage Violet and when I stamped this cute Stampendous image with bleach - I ended up with this lovely cream color. So my second color is PaperTrey Ink Vintage Cream . I embossed the violet panel with the Diamonds in the Rough Cuttlebug folder. I thought it looked a little bit like a honeycomb.

These Bees are happy because they are on their way with the other swarms of bees to visit Uncle Beeford in Booneville, Mississippi - wouldn't you be happy too!?!?! You can check out what that's all about on Cindy's glob (as she calls it!).

Stamps: Stampendous: Bee Happy Topper
Paper: Vintage Violet: Su, Vintage Cream: PTI
Ink: none
Accessories: Diamonds in the rough Cuttlebug folder, Bleach, paint brush, foam dimensionals, scalloped circle nestability, wedding flowers: Michaels, glue dots, vintage cream satin Ribbon: PTI, punch

8 comments:

Donna Marie said...

WOW! I never think of stamping with bleach!!!
Very Cool!!

Crystal said...

Love it girl, you aced this one!! Beautiful!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

WOW!!! This is really beautiful - and a trifecta as well - YOu GO Girl!

Joan Ervin said...

These little bees are sooo cute, Julia...great way to combine the challenges!!!! I sure hope they had a good time in Mississippi...they may not come home after partying with all those southern bees!!!!

Mothermark said...

You da man! I mean da Wo-man! How fun this card is....and combining challenges takes talent...and concentration!!! I loved your card Julia...its wonderful, shows how cool working with bleach can bee!

So happy you came to the teaparty...I loved having your there! Okay, gotta go break those two bees up, Beeford is getting a little testy this late in the teaparty!

Bev J. said...

I love your bee happy card. Worked great with the bleach technique. I have tried that technique once, liked it but I never think to use it. Not enough time to try it all I guess. tfs

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! Love those adorable bees! The bleaching is great too-I haven't done that in so long! Super cute card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Julia, this is beautiful! I love the colors and you wonderful design!