Saturday, August 15, 2009

Papertrey August Projects

Every month Nichole over at Papertrey Ink runs a contest for Guest Star Stamper of the Month - if you are chosen- you are featured on her blog and your project goes into the Guest Star Stamper album in the gallery on the Papertrey Ink Store Blog. You can also receive honorable mention. Any recognition from Nichole is great right???!!!
For August I submitted 3 projects. This card using the new set "On My Couch". I was inspired by a picture in the latest Country Living Magazine that showed a white couch with colored pillows on it. Don't you just love these sweet little stamped pillows! I added a sticky pearl to the center of each one. I used a gray copic to shade the white sofa and to make a 'stitched' border around the 'rug'. I used Bitty Box Basics for the background and the pillows - and the rug was cut from Men Of Life Collection with an oval Nestability.

For my second project I used one of Lauren Meader's Timeless Templates called Pack a Picnic - the template comes in two sizes - this is the smaller one that measures a cute little 3"x3" not counting the handles. I used the On My Couch Additions set as well as On My Couch. The papers are Aqua Mist and Ocean Tides card stock, Bitty Box Basics and In Bloom.

I made mine as a little gift to bring to someone who is not feeling well - Here I filled the basket with white basket shred and cough drops. I really love the cute little kitty sitting so happily on this soft chair! I punched the top edge with an EK Success punch. The sentiment is punched with a Spellbinders Tag Trio.

For my last project I used another one of Lauren's Timeless Templates called Pretty Petal Pocket. This is the smaller one from this set. I also used the flower stem stamp from the fun new set "Every Day Button Bits". I thought the zinnias from my garden would look great inside this cute box. I had an empty shrimp cocktail glass that fit perfectly inside the box. (I just can't throw those bottles away after the shrimp cocktail is eaten - can you!?!?!)

I used New Leaf cardstock for the template and Bitty Box Basics for the panels. I stitched a border with my Janome Sewing machine and shadowed it with a grey copic. I picked the vintage buttons based on the colors of my zinnias and used all different shapes to make it intersting! I used the Spellbinders Tag Trio for the sentiment again. The little heart is from an older PTI set called My Punny Valentine.

Isn't this a great way to show off the flowers from your garden?! This one will be going to Marjorie, my 94 year old MIL who lives at an assisted living facility - she really misses her garden and loves when I bring her some from mine.
Today I'm off teaching a class at the Papertree, in Manchester, NH (Hey Michelle!) I'll show you what we made there in another post sometime soon!
Thanks for stopping by today - hope you have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Crystal said...

Julia ALL your projects are AMAZING!!! They are sooo beautiful, love how you did the seat cushions on the first one!! ADORABLE!!! And the other two..WOW OUTSTANDING!

Lauri said...

Love all your projects, but I really love the zinnia's basket....how sweet for your MIL!! excuse me, I think I have to go cry!! Good luck, I am sure you will get noticed!

deifen said...

Fantastic creations Julia!!! I particularly adore the little paper pieced cushions on the couch!
Hugs,
Dei xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
Just love these - they are so sweet - the little basket of lozenges (how thoughtful!) and the basket of zinnas - just WOW!!! Your card with the pretty pillows on the light couch is so appealing! Nice!

Anonymous said...

Julia-Your class at the Paper Tree was great. It was 3 mini classes all in one. I loved all 3 projects-the card, the wallet, and the brief case. You are such a patient teacher. We are very lucky to have such a talent at the Tree. I've already signed up for Sept. Connie NH

Bev J. said...

Julia, your card and projects are gorgeous. I love zinnias-a happy type flower to me.

Susan said...

This is the month, Julia! Each project is a winner in my book, but especially the zinnia basket!!!

And that kitty is perfect as I look at my 16 pound Norwegian Forest Cat...she's so much to love

Cheryl said...

Julia, all of these projects are incredible! You are so talented! I love and buy Lauren's templates but what you have made them into is super!

Donna Marie said...

These are amazing!!!
I sure you will get noticed!!!
I really enjoy your creativity!!!

Renee said...

These are all so darling! I've got to get that stamp set!

dpkennedy said...

These are great Julia! I especially love the flower box! Those buttons are so sweet and it looks fabulous with your flowers in it! You are so sweet to bring it to your mil!