Friday, November 20, 2009

Tall Warm Winter Wishes with a Wide Ribbon

Here's my tall card for the Limited Supplies challenge over on Split Coast. I made my card 8x4.

I used two different snow theme designer papers and this cute stitched snowman from the Sewing Box Christmas Set by Waltzingmouse Stamps . I stamped snowflakes from the set and punched them out with a circle punch then stamped the words over them. (not sure if you can see the green snowflakes on the green paper in the pic but you can IRL! click on the picture to see it a little bigger) I highlighted the snowflakes with some dots using a white gel pen.

I stamped the snowman on a Spellbinders tag - then stamped him on white. I cut out the snowman on the inside line and layered over the tag with foam dimensionals.

I colored him with Copics. The great ribbon is from Sharon's No Time to Stamp Ribbon Shop. I also used this weeks Split Coast sketch for my card.

It was fun making a different size card for a change but I will have to make a special envelope to fit it!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps: Sewing Box Christmas
Paper: White - PTI, Sage Shadow - SU, DP - Imaginisce/Snowy Joe, My Minds Eye - Be Merry jolly snowmen
Ink: Memento tuxedo Black, Chamomile - PTI
Accessories: Scalloped tags - spellbinders, wide grosgrain ribbon - Sharon's No Time to Stamp Ribbon Shop, White gel pen, copics: T2, T6, E40, BG10, R20, foam dimensionals, zutter corner rounder, circle punch

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Julia, I love how you made this card!! it's beautifully laid out!!! Gorgeous colours and the wee snowman looks fab!!! Thank you!

Crystal said...

SUPER CUTE!! Great elements and love this wide ribbon and adorable image...Fantastic work Julia!

farmhouse-story said...

such a sweet snowman card, julia!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Julia! Love that snowman and these sewing sets are so fab!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Great card! I'm glad you explained it - not sure I could have figured it out by myself! You are awesome!

Busym1 said...

Using my favorite set again, I see! I love this card and the colors you used! Hugs,michelle

LeAnne said...

Very cute! I just received this set from WM, and I cannot wait to use it! My fingers are itching! I love the papers you've used, just adorable!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the little tag, and the way it fits so beautifully with the tall card!! the dp and circles with the words are fabulous!! Great job!!

~amy~ said...

soooo very cute Julia!!!

I hope you have a magnificent weekend!

Mary Marsh said...

love this card, julia-and the snowman image is the cutest ever