Monday, November 2, 2009

Two Sketches of His Word


I'm finally caught up with my biweekly His Holy Name pages! Somehow the weeks had come and gone and I was suddenly 3 challenges behind! This 6x6 page is for Week 22 and God's attribute of Peace. I chose Isaiah 26:12 to illustrate this attribute.
I used all Amuse designer papers on this page. The ribbon and buttons are Papertrey Ink.
I used Friday's Taylored Expressions sketch for this page
Stamps: none
Paper: vintage cream - PTI, Ruby Red - SU, DP's - Amuse
Ink: none
Accessories: glue dots, foam dimensionals, modern label punch - SU, circle punches, square nestability, spring rain saddle stitched ribbon and Vintage buttons - PTI

And here is my 6x6 page for Week 21 of the His Holy Name Challenges. God's attribute for this week was Sanctifies. I chose this verse from John 17:17 to illustrate this attribute.

I used the MojoMonday sketch for my page. The papers are all Basic Grey Bittersweet.You can find the His Holy Name Challenges here in the forums on Split Coast.

Stamps: none
Paper: Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream - PTI, Purely Pomegranate - SU, DP basic grey/bittersweet
Ink: Purely Pomegranate - SU
Accessories: foam dimensionals, glue dots, sponge, Prima flower, pinking circle nestabilities, circle nestabilities, modern label punch - SU, computer generated verse, butterfly punch - Martha Stewart, Scarlet jewel saddle stitched ribbon - PTI

7 comments:

Unknown said...

These are lovely Julia! Beautiful Verses too!

Joan Ervin said...

Sooo gorgeous, Julia...your pages are not only beautiful but give such a wonderful lession!!!!

Crystal said...

Absolutely STUNNING Julia, love your colors, verses, and the way you used these layouts!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,

I love that for the first one, about Peace, you have so many different patterns. It made me think about the differences in people, cultures, and how we need to blend and compliment each other to gain peace. Your artistic representation of the verse was just truly profound. Thank you.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Both are creative and beautiful Julia! Love the papers and colors!!

Lisa Foster said...

Julia these are both absolutely LOVELY! Such pretty colors and papers!
Hugs,
Lisa

Unknown said...

Your pages are wonderful. I love how they just flow together. I may borrow a design for my scripture pages..hope you don't mind.