Sunday, January 24, 2010

Black Magic Thistle


Karen Barber was the Featured Stamper over on Split Coast today. Her forte is creating beautiful cards using the Black Magic Technique. I had been wanting to try this technique but never seemed to find the time. So today I found the time! I came no where near to the beautiful art she creates but for my first try I was happy with it. (click on the image to see a close up of the thistle)

I chose her Fast Black Magic card to CASE. I thought this pretty thistle from the Celtic Heritage set by Waltzingmouse Stamps would work perfectly with Karen's pretty card design. I changed the colors, the stamp, added a sentiment, used a different edge punch, and made a knot instead of a bow on my ribbon.

Karen has a tutorial for this technique on her blog here.

Thanks for stopping by today! My vacation is over and it's back to work for me tomorrow :(
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Celtic Heritage
Paper: White, Plum Pudding - PTI, Basic Black - SU
Ink: White Craft Ink - SU, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Oval nestabilities, argyle cuttlebug folder, cuttlebug, white gel pen, Koh-I-Noor woodless colour pencils, EK success edge punch, saddle stitched Plum Pudding ribbon - PTI, small oval punch - SU, foam dimensionals

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia, this is so very pretty! Love that texture and your beautiful details!! HUGS

Unknown said...

Oh Wow! Julia, this is a stunner - what a fab technique!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
How beautiful is this!! I've never seen this technique and am quite intrigued - think I'll give it a shot! Off to see if I have "pigment pencils" or not.

Hope the work week is kind to you!
Hugs!

Crystal said...

Julia this is beautiful, love the embossing!!!! Gorgeous card girl!!! Hugs!

Velta said...

Amazing Julia...thank you for sharing the tutorial on this...your take is fabulous!

Bonnie said...

Great technique and gorgeous card Julia! I've not heard of this technique - off to check it out!