Friday, January 22, 2010

Thank You...... no ..... Thank Ewe! And some Valentine Crafts!

What a fun Limited Supplies challenge today over on Split Coast - to use a sentiment that is a Palindrome - the same spelling frontwards and backwards! My palindrome today is EWE - Thank 'ewe' to be specific!And my dotted patterned paper, as required, is the same on both sides should you fold it in half! Even my frame stamp from Waltzingmouse fits the bill - the same on both sides!
My 'ewe', from Rubber Soul, is cut out and popped up on foam dimensionals - qualifying this for yesterdays Ways to Use it challenge - cut it out!
A fun challenge today - it really made you think!! - and I learned a new word !!! LOL!!!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Vintage Labels No 1, Rubber Soul - A Day at the Zoo
Paper: Green & white bazzill, DP - Pretty Pastels - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: foam dimensionals, labels one nestability, cuttlebug, saddle stitched Spring moss ribbon - PTi
And here are some Valentine Crafts that I made to sell at my church in a few weeks.
My sister gave me these cute heart shaped silver baskets -they were left over from a wedding shower that she had for my niece (I think she got them for $1 each at Christmas Tree?). I also had these pretty puffy hearts from a friend who was cleaning out her supplies and no longer wanted them!
So - I just stamped Be Mine on white card stock - punched it with a heart punch and attached it to the heart which I then hung off the handle of the basket. I attached a gingham bow over the knot so it looked pretty and filled the basket with white basket shred and yummy Hershey Kisses! - oh, and I also added a sticky gem to each heart!
You may have seen these boxes on this post of mine - this time I put a cute little seed pot inside (the box is called a flower pot box after all!) The seeded pots were 2 for $1 at Target!
I made a few of the boxes in pink card stock and put these pretty lucite votive candle holders inside them - again - 2 for $1 at Target!
And finally - I'm sure you all made these for Halloween treats over the past two years when this pattern was floating around everywhere?! Well - I had some of the test tubes (Martha Stewart at Michaels) left over and thought they'd make a cute Valentine treat this year! (Papertrey Ink has some in 3/4" size as well as some square ones)

I used this cute little Hedgehog from Penny Black and the Be Mine is from Waltzingmouse.

You can find the tutorial for these holders here - and below is a pic of how it looks cut, scored and trimmed!

You start with an 11"x4" piece of card stock. Holding the long edge at the top - score at 1/2", 1 3/4", 4 1/4", 5 1/2" and 8". Holding the short edge at the top - score each side at 1 1/4" Use a 1" circle punch for the hole. The long DP panel (shown below) is 5 1/4" x 2 3/8" the shorter piece (attached on the flip side on the section above the circle) is 1 3/8" x 2 3/8"

So that's it for me today! I've been on vacation this week - stamping up a storm as you can see! The week has just flown by but I did get a lot done!

Thanks so much for checking in with me today!

11 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my word at the fabulous and beautiful Valentine Treats!!!! Beautifully done and so fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful ideas! LOVE the EWE card, too! Great work, Julia!

dpkennedy said...

You always make the cutest projects! I'm sure these will go like hotcakes! I love the sheep card! I think I have that stamp! I love his popped up head! Just adorable!

Unknown said...

Julia. Wow! you sure are a busy bee! they are fabulous projects - I'm away back to soak up the deets!!

Deb Neerman said...

Well, you've been busy! The card is adorable, Julia ... that palindrome thing kinda has me stumped but you totally rose to the occasion!

Love all your sweet Valentine treats too!

Have a great weekend, Kiddo!

Heidi said...

WoW Julia! You've been really busy! All your projects are fantastic!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Julia, Thank EWE for such a delightful post - full of amazing ideas!!!! (The EWE card is definitely a keeper!)

Hugs!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a super productive week! Your card and projects are fantastic!

Laurel said...

Wow, what great projects!

Allison Rankin said...

Wow Julia...you are a machine with all those projects! I need to stay a spell and see which one I want to attempt for the kids for their valentines!

Kristine said...

Oh wow! You've been busy missy!! :) LOVE your cute "ewe" card and your Valetine theme projects are all super cute!! Great job! I'll have to bookmark those for sure *Ü* Have a wonderful Sunday tomorrow! xXx

~amy~ said...

You have been super busy!!!! Lovin' all your projects Julia!!!