Monday, March 22, 2010

Here Comes the Easter Bunny!..... and a little lamb!

A fun Free for All challenge at Split Coast on Friday - to make a 3D basket using the colors of plum, celery and banana.

I used Claire's adorable basket template from last year. I stamped the sides of the basket with the beautiful broderie anglaise lace stamp (don't you love that name?!) from the Faux Fun set by Waltzingmouse Stamps
I made my handle using a Martha Stewart lacey punch and I put a strip of yellow CS behind it so it shows through the holes in the lace. The base is a narrow scalloped rectangle Nestability.

I'll be making 10 of these to sell at my church Easter Sale. Aren't these little Lindt bunnies and lambs adorable!? They fit in my baskets perfectly don't you think?!

You can see the basket I made using this pattern last year on this post

Kent and I met up with friend and fellow Stamping Around teacher, Donna and her DH, Doug yesterday - we had a great meal at The Old Salt Restaurant in Hampton, NH. Donna and I will be teaching at the next Stamping Around weekend at Wholly Scrap in North Hampton, NH 4/16-4/17 We'd love to meet you there!!

This is also qualifies for the Our Creative Corner challenge to think Easter!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Faux Fun
Paper: Lavender Moon - PTI, Barely banana, certainly celery - SU
Ink: Lavender Moon - PTI
Accessories: Scor pal, Scor tape, basket paper shred - CVS, basket Template, Martha Stewart lace punch, EK success edge punch, narrow rectangle nestabilities, Lindt Lamb & Bunnies

12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

What adorable baskets! Love the punched handles!!!

Crystal said...

Julia what fabby Easter baskets...I LOVE the colors and those great handles!

Busym1 said...

Love these baskets, made a bunch last year, from Claires template! Love the use of the Martha Stewart punch for the handles! tfs, hugs, michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh my word!! This is so adorable Julia!! I love the yummy chocolate too!! :) HUGs

eva said...

Thank you, very nice!

Lisa Foster said...

Oh are these ever the cutest!! Gorgeous baskets! Um, if no one is gonna eat one of those, could you pass it over?? LOL
Hugs,
Lisa

Pauline said...

Lovely baskets, the lace handles are fab! Pauline x

Velta said...

Oh Julia ~ All of your Easter projects are just adorable...Love this basket...TFS!!

Janine said...

Love these baskets Julia!! Great job!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

How precious your "wee" basket is! (I love the way Claire says it!)

Gosh, I wish I could come to NH - wouldn't that be fun?! One of these days . . .

Hugs!

Mary Marsh said...

love the colors you used on your baskets julia-hope you sale goes well

Silke Ledlow said...

Julie - these Easter basket are super cute!!! So glad you added them to the OCC Challenge!!!!

Hugs ~S~