Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wishing You a Most Blessed Easter Day!

A most blessed Easter to those celebrating the Risen Lord Jesus today!


I wanted to share with you this wonderful wooden cross that my husband made for me.


My sister and I each had a cross like this that our father bought us at our church fair one year when we were small. We had them on a table between our twin beds and kneeled in front of them to say our prayers at night.


When I found mine in a box in the attic recently, I asked Kent if he might be able to copy it and make me some to give to the people in my Bible Study Group at church and he made me about 50 of them!


I cut this Spellbinders tag and stamped it with a verse from The Gospel of Luke 24:6 and draped it around the cross. So appropriate for the Easter Season!


Thanks for stopping by today!


Stamps: Verve -Everlasting Life
Paper: Lavender Moon - PTI
Ink: Plum Pudding - PTI
Accessories: Spellbinders tag, hole punch, ribbon, wooden cross.

5 comments:

Mary G said...

such a thoughtful gesture and i'd say much appreciated by your friends. thanks for your kind comments on my blog and i wish you a happy and blessed easter too!
xx mary gabriel

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh my heavens, Julia, it is perfect in it's simplicity and symbolism. What a vision - I will carry this in my head all day and feel the joy bubbling up inside me! Thank you, dear friend!

Happy Easter!

Jennifer Moore said...

What an awesome hubby. Happy Easter!

Cheryl said...

What a lovely thing to do! Your DH is very talented, too and the tag is the perfect finishing touch!

Chris said...

What a lovely and meaningful gift!