Sunday, July 18, 2010

Farewell Birdie

Today Latisha Yaost was the featured stamper over on Split Coast. What beautiful work she does!

I chose her I Miss You card to CASE because it featured a birdcage and I've been wanting to use my Tim Holtz birdcage Sizzix die since I bought it a few months ago!

I turned my card to accomodate the size of the die cut birdcage, used different papers and punched an edge on CS instead of using a ribbon. I used a Waltzingmouse sentiment.

I recycled a beverage coaster from a restaurant for my birdcage. You can see the coaster in my pic. I then cut another cage with DP and adhered it to the coaster.

Today I went to my niece Katies' baby shower - she's due in Sept. It's so fun to see all the sweet little baby things!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Asian Gardens Additions
Paper: vintage cream - PTI, Bazzill Basics/Butter, Core'dinations Vintage Collection, DP October Afternoon/thrift shop/still in the box
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: gems - Rhinestones Kaizer, Caged Bird Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix, edge punch - Martha Stewart, beverage coaster

9 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Great idea to recycle a coaster...this birdcage die is great and I love what you've done with it!

Mary Marsh said...

hi julia-been out of tocuh lately-been busy making shower invites-I am so ready to make a card-love this birdcage die-

Pauline said...

Fab card, love the use of the recycled coaster, and I love the background paper. xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Julia. Love that die... great colors... and that bird is fabulous! :o)

Crystal said...

Julia WOW that die is amazing, your card is soooo creative and fun love it!!!!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Julia,i love the images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Velta said...

What an amazing idea!! You are so creative Julia!! TFS :)

Betty Wright said...

Fabulous colors and design, Julia! Love how you did the bird with the cage! Great looking card! I see you used my fav dp, too!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the Cage, so cool! And I will always love a good bird, lots of fun!