Monday, December 31, 2012

A Cardinal in the Woods

I was so happy to see Sabrina (Cook22) as the Featured Stamper over at Split Coast this week!! As soon as I saw her Winter Bird in the Woods card I knew I wanted to CASE it.

I have the same Aspen Trees template from The Crafter's Workshop  and I loved how she used it on her card.

Things I changed - I sponged my trees on white cardstock instead of patterned paper - I used a different bird (the cardinal is my favorite!) and made the snowy ground with a torn piece of white card stock covered with Crystal Ice Stickles instead of paint. I had a little trouble masking and sponging my moon behind the trees with the template despite 3 tries! - it's not quite a perfect circle (!?!) and my colors kept mixing when I was sponging the different areas. I'll have to keep working on thatA!  My card is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4"

The cardinal is a mini die from Tim Holtz - I colored the black bit on his face and feet with a marker and I sponged all the edges with Ranger Distress Brushed Corduroy. He's popped up on the snow with foam tape.

Wishing all my stamping and blogging friends a Happy, healthy and very crafty 2013!  Please stay safe tonight everyone!

Stamps: none
Paper: white, true black, pure poppy - PTI
Ink: Ranger Distress - Faded Jeans, Mustard Seed, Brushed Corduroy
Accessories: cardinal die - Mini Cardinal and Poinsettia Tim Holtz Alterations, foam tape, black marker, Crystal Ice Stickles, Aspen trees Template - The Crafters Workshop

9 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a sweet scene...you are amazing..

Happy New Years Eve

dpkennedy said...

It's a beautiful scene Julia! I love the cardinal too, and with the birch tree's it's a classic winter scene! Have a very Happy New Year!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Julia! Love the woods scene and the beautiful Cardinal! Happy New Year!

scrappymo! said...

What a clasic winter scene...Love the cardinal!

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous design Julia!! Love that sparkle!! HUGS

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous card Julia!! Love the scene and that cardinal is wonderful!!

Sue from Oregon said...

OK...I think I have that tree template...I must give it a try after seeing this pretty!

Nora MacPhail said...

This cardinal card is wonderful. Cool blog. Happy Creating.

Nora MacPhail said...

This cardinal card is wonderful. Cool blog. Happy Creating.