Thursday, December 6, 2012

You Warm My Heart - Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas - Tag #1

I just found Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist 2012 and thought I'd jump right in and participate even though I got a late start (they started on Dec 1)!

Tag #1 is by Sharon Harnist -  you can see her tag  here.  And here is the tag she inspired me to make:
I used different stamps and different materials that I had on hand - but I tried to create the same feeling of her tag!  I used the Layered Poinsettia by Spellbinders for my flower.

I used wrinkled seam binding and Glitter Eyelash Yarn for my ribbons tied at the top with a bell.

I used the Snow Day Pure Innocence set for my image - the wings and crown are from a Tim Holtz die - Heart Wings.  I didn't have the chunky glitter Sharon used but I did have Coarse Glitter and Sterling Glitter that I mixed together. (one is white and one is silver)


If you'd like some more Christmas Inspiration -  Creations by AR is having Christmas Days starting today!  For 10 days one of the DT will be creating a Christmas project using one of Adela's templates -  you can check out Day 1 here on PaperCraft Planet.     I'll be posting a project for Day 3 (Saturday) here so I hope you can stop by!  There will be prizes!!

Stamps: MFT - Snow Day
Paper: shpping tag - Avery, Kraft Core Coredinations Nostalgic Collection, white - PTI
Ink: Versamark, Archival Coffee, Ranger Distress Victorian Velvet
Accessories: bell - Michaels, Xyron Create a Sticker, Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter and Sterling Glitter, glitter eyelash yarn - Martha Stewart, wrinkled Seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, layered poinsettia - Spellbinders, wings and crown - Heart Wing Die Tim Holtz Alterations

12 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love her wings & crown ... absolutely adorable.

Caroline said...

I love this tag the design is gorgeous, Caroline xxx

Pauline said...

So adorable Julia, I love her glittered wings, and the fab crinkly ribbon and festive poinsettia!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~amy~ said...

Julia, your tag is simply wonderful...can't wait to see more:)

Kittie said...

Julia, this is precious.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Riet said...

So beautiful tag.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mary Marsh said...

I always love the tags you make Julia-I even saved one that you sent me and you it on one of my Christmas trees-this one is a real beauty

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous gorgeous tag Julia. I love the gems in the flower center.

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful version, Julia -- love your sweet MFT girl!