Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Christmas Bag - Just for You

Today I have another project for the Merry Monday Challenge - I had so many ideas floating around in my head I just had to get them out! And I'm getting this in just under the wire!  Instead of a Christmas Card -  I made a Christmas Gift bag - using a 5" x 7.5" Kraft bag.
This is a flat bag so you'd have to put something thin in it -  like a gift card - or you could slip in 3 hand stamped cards and envelopes.  I tore a piece of Terminology Tissue Wrap sponging it with ink for the background.  The pine bough and cones and sentiment are Waltzingmouse stamps and dies.  The bow is a die from Lil'Inker Designs.  The cones are up on foam dots and to finish it off,  I  added three enamel dots.
For my design, I used this week's Cas(e) this Sketch
 The colors are based on the Merry Monday Challenge -  Hopefully the paper bow counts as ribbon?!?!
 Why do the weekends go by so fast?!

Stamps:  Festive Foliage, Compact Sentiments - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy - PTI
Ink:  Versafine Vintage Sepia, Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress - Frayed Burlap
Accessories:  dotted kraft bag - Impress, Tissue Wrap Terminology - Tim Holtz Idea-ology, Bow Die -Lil'Inker Designs, Pine cones die set - Waltzingmouse, enamel dots - Michaels, Scor-Tape, foam dots.


15 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun bag! That bow is too cute on it~

~amy~ said...

EXcellent, love how you've altered that fun polka bag!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

What a super idea, Julia! Your treat bag looks so pretty! Thanks for joining the Merry Monday challenge!

Notes by Nina said...

This is such a lovely idea Julia, Thank you for playing along with us for Merry Monday.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super gift bag Julia, love it!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Jeanne J. said...

Julia this is so fun! I love the polka dot bag and all the beautiful embellishments you added. Those dies make this a breeze dont they?

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Great bag - love the polka dots!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty way to give a little gift! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Shirley said...

Oh my, you had to do it. I have been fighting getting the bow dies. This card/gift bag is really a winner! Very warm, which many are not right now, and so pretty too! Love the cone and how your layered it all too!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Cool!! This is one of those gifts I'd be torn up about opening! LOL I love it Julia!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, this is great Julia! You're so clever!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous take on both challenges and I love that your creating gift packaging with these sketches - so much fun! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Julia! I love your take on the sketch!

Sue Lelli said...

This is so PRETTY, Julia with the pine bough, polka dots, and three red dots! Great idea for a gift bag!

Betty said...

Oh, love your kraft bag and the white dots on it. Really cool idea. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again ;-)