Monday, January 27, 2014

The Card Concept - Texture

I missed participating in the inaugural Card Concept challenge and did not want to miss the 2nd!  The challenge is to used Texture on your card.
I used several textures on my card -  green (grass) and blue (sky) burlap, a layered stitched die cut sun, and two stitched rectangles - the card base and the adhered slightly smaller panel.  The house is stamped on red with Sepia ink.  The sentiment is stamped on a Dienamics Sentiment Strip.  I found a wonderful pack of 5 different colors of burlap by DCWV at Michaels.
This is either CAS (similar to DT Tracey's card) - CAL (similar to DT Kay's)  Since there are many layers even though there is still quite a bit of white space - I'm leaning towards CAL (Clean and Layered)??!

Here's a close up of the layered sun -  I just got these dies from Lil' Inker and I love them!  I bent up some of the 'rays' of the smaller top layer to add texture and dimension.

Stamps:  Board and Beams - PTI
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, Kraft, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise - PTI
Ink:  Archival Versafine Sepia, Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  burlap - Die Cuts With a View Mat Stack (Michaels), sunshine die (large and small), Stitched Mat Rectangles - Lil' Inker Designs, Dienamics Sentiment Strip die - MFT, Enamel Dot - Michaels, foam dots.

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun use of the burlap...I almost picked up some of that but wasn't quite sure how it would hold up to clipping and cutting...looks great!

Giovana said...

This is adorable, Julia!!

Cathy Weber said...

I love that you used the two colors of burlap...and those suns? Use them all the time...they are the perfect cheery touch. You really re-created the cozy feel of the inspiration photo Julia...really like this one!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a cute card Julia! Love the little red house and all the textures you have going on!

Jen W. said...

That colored burlap is fabulous, Julia! So perfect for this challenge. And I love those Lil Inker suns too - they look awesome layered!

Unknown said...

Loving the colored burlap...how fun. Super cute card. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this week.

Darnell said...

This card should be the photo inspiration for a texture challenge, Julia! I just love the colored burlap!! Hugs, Darnell

Teresa Kline said...

great use of texture, sweet card!

sparkle & shine *~*

Linda Callahan said...

loveitloveitloveit!

Geri said...

Oh my goodness...I love how you recreated the scene in the inspiration photo! The colored burlap is absolutely the perfect way to add texture to your card! I love the depth you achieved by popping up the layers of the sun. Fabulous card - soooo creative!

Thanks for choosing to share your card with us this week at the Card Concept Challenge :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow - you've done an amazing job of re-creating the inspiration pic with your fabulous texture! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Kate said...

I love the way you've added colour and texture. Wish I had a Michael's here would love some of that coloured burlap. Your sun is so pretty too, such a welcome relief from the weather we had yesterday !!!