Sunday, January 4, 2015

Tim's Jan 2015 Tag

Well - it's back to work tomorrow morning for me - after a week's stay-cation.  So I spent the afternoon making my version of Tim's Jan 2015 tag.  You will find Tim's tutorial here -  and this is the tag he made.
I used all of his techniques - but substituted some of the products -  but I used everything Ranger!
Tim uses a 'splatter tool' with white Distress Paint to dot his tag   -  I just used an old toothbrush that I flicked with my thumb!
I didn't have a gold Krylon pen - so I just dotted Gold Distress Paint with the tip of a paintbrush over my tag.  I used Game Pieces for the 2015, coloring them with Gold Distress Paint, then sanding the edges a bit- and I used different black alpha parts - 'This is The Life' that I colored with Scattered Straw Distress Paint using my finger and the arrow that I glued Mustard Seed Distress Glitter to..
I made the background the same way Tim did -  adhering Tissue Wrap (Melange) to the tag, wrinkling it while pressing it into the Glue N Seal, then using Distress Paints and Stain on it with some spritz's of water.  The shadows around the Chit Chat Stickers are made with a Black Soot Ranger Distress Marker.
I think this is the earliest in the month that I've ever gotten one of Tim's tags done!  I missed a few last year - and hope to get all 12 done this year.



11 comments:

~amy~ said...

What an awesome 2015 tag!
Back to work for me too!

Ana K. said...

Beautiful take on January tag!

Pamellia said...

Fabulous Julia!! What a great Tim tag, first of the year, yay!! Love the glittered arrow and how you did the 2015! Big hugs :)

Loll said...

Great start to the new year Julia!! Love this multi-layered tag ... full of gorgeous elements and shimmer from all the gold! Loll xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Such an awesome tag Julia! Lovin' the beautiful background and the glittered details! Great take on Tim's tag!

Terry said...

What a great take on Tim's January tag for 2015. Love the colors! Wishing you a Happy New Year. Thought I was following you, but am now!

Redanne said...

Oh I love your tag Julia - that glittered arrow is beautiful.

No consolation but I have a splatter tool and get more on me than any of my projects - lol! Hugs, Anne xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

beautiful
bibiana

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous tag Julia!!!

Juliz Design Post said...

A great take on Tim's tag Julia and nice to see how you replaced the products you didn't have. Toothbrush a great idea.
Julie x

Paula Cheney said...

love your tag Julia - really awesome.