Thursday, April 23, 2015

Fusion Challenge - April 23rd - Vintage Floral

Spring has FINALLY come to Massachusetts - we are having days in the 60's and beautiful sunshine and today's Fusion Challenge is just as bright and sunny -  it makes me happy just looking at it!  How about you??
The sketch was a little bit busy for my taste - so I went with the photo - the colors, the flowers, the background and vintage look.  First, I stenciled my back panel with Wendy Vecchi's Basically Bricks stencil and Archival Dandelion Ink.  The blooms and sentiment are from Old Country Roses and the seed packet is from Vintage Garden Seed Packet - both by Waltzingmouse.  I popped everything up on foam dots. 
I hope you are inspired by this fun new Fusion Challenge and that you link up your creation over at the Fusion Blog  - where you will also find some wonderful inspiration from the rest of the Fusion Design Team!

Stamps:  Old Country Roses and Vintage Garden Seed Packet - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, Harvest Gold - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Wendy Vecchi Archival Dandelion, Ranger Distress Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles;  Pure Poppy - PTI
Accessories:  Basically Bricks Stencil - Wendy Vecchi, foam dots.

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Love all the cards this week. Yours is fabulous!

Annette Allen said...

Love those big flowers.. gorgeous card..

Dotty Jo said...

Totally beautiful, Jo x

Anne Harada said...

Oh I bet the sunshine feels good out there Julia! Totally see the happiness radiating from your card - bright sunny and all about Spring! Bravo my friend!!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Julia!!! This one totally blew me away! LOVE LOVE LOVE those double stamped roses and the brick background. A feast for the eyes here!! You know I just love me some flowers!!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a gorgeous take on the inspiration! I love those blooms and leaves, fantastic stamping, I love the contrast in them!

Greta said...

Wow--what a wonderful use of the inspiration photo!

~amy~ said...

awesome take on the inspiration!

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh, this is fabulous Julia!! I am loving your big, bold and beautiful blossoms!! Say that ten times fast tee hee. Wonderful brick background too, such a summery make! hugs :)

Pam said...

Gorgeous card. I love those blooms.

Leigh Penner said...

I saw your card at Fusion and had to come and tell you how much I love it! It's gorgeous!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh it's perfect!! Love the blooms!

Deanne :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

super stunning!