Saturday, October 3, 2015

A Pinterest Anniversary

Today I joined in the Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge -  which was a Hearts Pinterest board.  I was inspired by this beautiful photo.
I just got a beautiful new stamp set from Waltzingmouse called Scandi Doodle Christmas and the wreath stamp in the set was perfect for this inspiration. (the stamps are not just for Christmas!)  I stamped the wreath with True Black Dye Ink from PTI onto watercolor cardstock and then colored it with Copics.  To get the effect of the sand in the photo - I sponged the panel with Ranger Distress Tea Dye Ink and then flicked water onto it.  I dried the panel with my heat tool and it left all these wonderful splash marks!  The sentiment is from an older Waltzingmouse set called Frame It.
I'm linking my card to Virginia's View October Challenge - Coloring
 We are having a cold rainy day here in Massachusetts today - but luckily Hurricaine Joaguin is not going to hit us -  it is however, causing flooding in the Carolina's along the lower east coast of the US - and I hope any of you living in that area are ok!


Stamps: Scandi Doodle Christmas and Frame It - Waltzingmouse stamps
Paper: watercolor paper; Scarlet Jewel and Rustic Cream - PTI
Ink: True Black - PTI, Ranger Distress Tea Dye
Accessories: Copics BG99, YG03, E07, RV19, RV21, water

4 comments:

Redanne said...

Oh what a gorgeous inspiration photo! You have done it justice too, I love your beautiful card. So glad the hurricane is going to miss you!!! Hugs, Anne xx

Samra said...

What a pretty rustic card Julia! Take care and be safe!
Hugs :)
Samra

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet Julia!

Words and Pictures said...

Simply gorgeous, Julia! I love the stamp and the sandy background - there's a lovely rustic folkart feel to it. Glad to hear you should be safe and sound.
Alison xx