Friday, November 20, 2015

Silhouette Deer

I had about 4 creative hours in my craft room today - and got two creations made.  One is for the PTI blog hop so I'll show you that one on the 25th!
Here's the one I made to post today.  It's a one layer card.  First I stenciled the background using the WV Checkmate stencil with WV Archival Fern Green and Cornflower Blue Inks.  I made the reindeer stencil using a piece of acetate with the Alterations Prancing Deer die.  I laid the home made reindeer stencil over the panel and pounced over it with a sponge and Archival Black Ink.
For the sentiment, I used a WV stencil - Happy Holidays, inking it with WV Archival Red Geranium ink.  The berries in the antlers are from WV Create a Wreath Stencil and the holly is inked in WV Fern Green using  Tim Holtz Festive stencil
To define the edges better, I sponged them with Ranger Distress Ground Espresso Ink.
I'm linking today's card to the following challenges:
Merry Monday - have a reindeer on your card
One Layer Christmas Card Challenge - Anything goes - optional: silhouette
 
 Tomorrow I get to babysit for these two cutie pies - James and Madelyn - one set of my grandnephews and nieces!
Paper:  Kraft - PTI
Ink:  Wendy Vecchi Archival Fern Green, Cornflower Blue, Red Geranium, Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Ground Espresso
Accessories:  Prancing Deer Die - Tim Holtz/Alterations, Stencils: Wendy Vecchi Create a Wreath, Check Mate and Happy Holidays, Tim Holtz Festive.



12 comments:

Creating with Susan said...

I love your card!! The checkered background, the rustic look of the deer! Love it. It's given me an idea for a card - tfs :)

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great Christmas card Julia-love the checkered background - and making your own reindeer stencil-creative-enjoy your day tomorrow with the kids-I am sure you have something wonderful planned-we had our youngest grandson here for an overnight-then he & my hubby went to a high school football game tonight

Susan Joyce said...

Very creative, I love how your card came together with the different elements. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Susan Joyce said...

Thanks for sharing at OLCCC, lovely design, beautiful Christmas card.

Renee said...

LOVE this!
It's simply perfect...
and that deer is gorgeous!

Linda said...

Love this ..... so stylish. That deer is one of my favourites! xx

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Julia! I love the way that the background pattern is visible on the reindeer, but only as a whisper of the main pattern! Have fun tomorrow with the little ones, great shot of them with those wings! hugs :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Julia, what a wonderful reindeer image and background!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Merry Monday!

Redanne said...

This is a beautiful one layer card Julia, I just love how the checks show through onto the deer, they give him some the appearance of dimension - very clever. Your grandniece and nephew are adorable in their butterfly wings! Hope you have lots of fun with them.... Hugs, Anne xx

Darnell said...

Oh, I bet you had a blast with those adorable children today, Julia! Your triple-stenciled CC is magnificent!! How awesome does the font on the sediment work with your checkerboard design?! And the deer looks like he's "Best of Show" with his necklace of holly!! Hugs, Darnell

Terry said...

Wonderful one layer card, Julia! This might be one layer, but so much interest with the layers of color and stenciling! Love the reindeer!

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Julia! Your deer looks amazing! Love the checkerboard background!