Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tim Holtz August Tag

I can't believe I've missed making both the June and July tags -  I didn't want to miss the August one -  and finally sat down at my craft table tonight after work to get it done - one day shy of the deadline!
Here is Tim's tag and you can see all his instructions here.
I am getting into full Halloween mode already - I just got Tim's new Lost Zombie die -  so he is featured, front and (off) center!
I followed Tim's instructions for my stained background - using a mini brayer and Carved Pumpkin Distress Spray Stain.  I sponged the edges with Distress Ground Espresso Ink.  I used the Honeycomb die with pieces of Paper Stash/Regions Beyond and adhered it to the side of the tag. 
I added Remnant Rubs - Curiosities and Small Talk/Occasion stickers.  I messy stitched a few lengths on the left side.  I cut the Lost Zombie out of black card, rubbed some Distress Picket Fence Paint over him and adhered him to the tag with foam dots.  I rubbed Picket Fence paint on the Haunt charm from Adornments/Oddities, added a Jump Ring and looped it through a Wire Pin.  I pinned it to a piece of Linen Ribbon that I looped through the hole on the tag.
I slipped a Drive In Theater ticket into one hand of Lost Zombie and a Jack O'Lantern in the other - both from Ephemera/Frightful.  To finish off my tag - I added 3 black enamel dots and then splattered watered down black acrylic paint over the tag using a toothbrush.
If you, like me,  wanted to make Tim's August tag - you still have one day to get it done!  
Paper:  #8 Manilla Tag - Ranger,  True Black Card - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ground Espresso
Accessories:  Carved Pumpkin Distress Spray Stain - Ranger, Picket Fence Distress Paint - Ranger, mini brayer - Ranger, Honeycomb die and Lost Zombie Die - Alterations/Sizzix, Idea-ology - Adornments/Oddities, Remnant Rubs/Curiosities, Wire Pins, Ephemera - Frightful, Jump Rings, Linen Ribbon,  Multi Medium Matte - Ranger, water, enamel dots - My Minds Eye, Black Acrylic Paint, toothbrush, sewing machine, black thread.


10 comments:

Mylissa Stout said...

Julia....a GREAT zombie...he is too on your tag..especially with fall just around the corner....Looks like you had lots of fun making this tag ...fun to check out with all the detail! XOXO

alice k. said...

Oh how delightful with all those dark details!

A Pink said...

LOVE your spookilicious version of Tim's tag! Julia So cool! Nice to see it pinned too :) x

Redanne said...

I think this has to be my favourite tag ever, ever! I love how you used the zombie and made a 'dark' tag - can't wait to have a play with mine now! LOVE this Julia!!! Anne xxx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OMGSH, Julia - this is an AMAZING project! I love how you get into these Tim Holtz ideas and run!
Excellent work!

Mylissa Stout said...

Hello again Julia..I'm back again....LOL..so sorry I made a grammar mistake ....So I had to correct it...Your Zombie is just toooo PERFECT is what I meant to say!!!! I still like him!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - your tag is beyond brilliant, Julia - what a fabulous take on the August remix.
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

Brilliantly put together Julia, love your remix xxx

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a spooktacular tag Julia! Love your take on Tim's challenge! I miss seeing your crafty inspiration! Hope all is well :)

nancy littrell said...

Love your Halloween themed Tim Holtz tag Julia. Loved reading your description with all your steps and list of amazing embellishments...wow! TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy