Saturday, April 1, 2017

April CAS Mix Up Challenge - No Foolin'!

Happy April 1st!   No April Fools jokes from me today -  just happy that there's a new challenge up at The CAS Mix Up Blog!   Bonnie is our hostess this month and here are the three things she would like us to use on our cards.
I used - 1) a sentiment stamp, 2)  inlaid die cut eggs and sentiment, 3) my choice:  a wonky edge die and sequins.
I'm in the midst of making Easter Cards to sell at my church in a few weeks so that's what I made today.
I used a Wonky Stitches Die (Avery Elle) to make the edge on a white card panel.  I die cut the 3 eggs (Nested Eggs/Nestabilities) and the Easter (Waltzingmouse) out of the panel.
At this point, I adhered the panel to my white card base.  I die cut the Easter again out of green card and adhered it into the die cut space on the panel.   I cut the eggs out of patterned paper, and since the PP was thinner than the white card, I adhered the paper to the white card eggs I had cut, and adhered them into the spaces on the panel.
 I stamped the happy over the Easter,  added 3 green sequins and called it done!
So please join us and show us how you use inlaid die cutting!
You'll find the challenge rules and links to video tutorials on inlaid die cutting over at
 the CAS Mix Up challenge blog here.
Stamps:  Simply Said - Avery Elle
Paper:  White, Simply Chartreuse, Textstyle Egg Hunt - PTI
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Dies - Nested Eggs  - Nestabilities, Easter - Waltzingmouse (retired), Wonky Stitches - Avery Elle, green sequins, Tombow Adhesive.

6 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Your pretty die cut DSP Easter Eggs were perfect for inlaying on your wonderful Easter card. Adding your inlaid sentiment and stitched framing made the perfect CAS design for your inlaid technique. TFS Julia. Hugs...

Loll said...

Such a pretty card, Julia. And a great way to use little bits of pretty patterned paper. Good luck with your sale! xx

Jo said...

Just in time for EASTER :D Love the patterned paper for those eggs, such a great choice. Love all that white space, perfect balance. Great design too, HUGs

Bonnie said...

What a pretty Easter card, Julia! Love those pretty eggs and that nice big sentiment!

Susan said...

The wonky stitched die goes so well with the dp you used for the eggs! Love the way you inlaid the eggs and the word Easter. Great card!

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute...love your sweet trio of Easter Eggs.