Monday, April 3, 2017

NBUS Birthday

I'm so excited that Darnell is running another NBUS challenge April 1 - April 11!  I have so many NBUS's I could make a card everyday for a month or more using stuff I buy and then NEVER use! 
(I didn't have a boo boo card)
Today my NBUS is one of the fun 'Splits' stamp and die sets from PTI -  I've  purchased  4 of them and have not taken them out to ink - until today!   This is the Best Wishes Splits stamps and die (they are just $5 each!).  I didn't use the best wishes sentiment that comes with the set though, I used a Happy Birthday from a Cat's Pajamas set.
I colored the petals with Zig Clean Color Brushes and added black half pearls where there were stamped berries.  I also cut the sentiment center off of the die cut and raised up the petal top and bottom as seen below.
I used my favorite SU embossing folder, Square Lattice,  on the white panel and layered it over a Hibiscus Burst panel and adhered it all to a white card base.

Linking my card to:


Stamps: Splits - Best Wishes - Papertrey Ink, A Beary Good Year - The Cat's PajamasPaper:  White, Hibiscus Burst - PTI
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  foam dots, black half pearls - Kaiser Craft, Zig Clean Color Brushes.

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

So bright and cheery, Julia! That's my favorite EF too!

Carol L said...

Those delicate little flowers filled with lots of bright colors look so pretty on this embossed panel! Gorgeous NBUS!!

Darnell said...

This is so light and airy and yet very festive, Julia! I think those split sets are so cool and I love that you can mix and match with other company's sediments and with different textured e/f backgrounds! Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge #11! Hugs, Darnell

Redanne said...

This is beautiful Julia, I love the embossed background and those beautifully coloured floral elements. Well done for using some NBUS too! Hugs, Anne xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love those split sets from PTI, but unfortunately it is prohibitively expensive to get them shipped to the UK, with the shipping, out duty, VAT and 'handling charges' of our customs! You have made a wonderful card with them here1 Thank you for popping by my blog today! Have a great week. Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Marlena M. said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors and the texture~

Linby said...

This is lovely, I can see why that EF is your fav. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful spring design and I love the embossing folder design you used.

Loll said...

Sweet!! Love this stamp and die ... and what a great deal! Very cheerful card with the pretty and bright colours, Julia! xx

Jo said...

That embossed panel matted over the pink card stock is just beautiful. Loving that split stamp and die too. Perfect colours for the whole CAS design. Really a beautiful card Julia, warm hugs xxx

JoAnn said...

Such a lovely card. Love the embossed background and pretty colored image. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Karen said...

Beautiful! This is one of my favorite stamp sets, and I just purchased the dies, so thanks for the inspiration!

Colleen said...

Julia, I love how you stamped the Best wishes set on vellum and then split it for the sentiment in the middle...awesome design, I think I will case you on this!! Thank you so much for playing along at STB!