Sunday, June 11, 2017

Dreaming of the Sea in Watercolor

I've been wanting to play along with this month's CAS Watercolor challenge given the fun seasonal theme!
And today (a 90 degree day here!)  I finally got up to my craft room and sweat out a card! It made me cooler just thinking about sitting on this sweet little chair at the ocean!
First, I stamped the image and sentiment in Archival Jet Black ink onto a panel of Arches Watercolor paper and dried it with my heat tool to be sure it was set.  Then I brushed water over over the panel, then brushed on the blue and tan watercolors.

I layered the watercolor paper to a slightly larger Hawaiian Shores panel and layered that onto a white card base.   Then I die cut the Gothic Window out of watercolor paper and layered it with foam dots to frame the image (and luckily it fit between the words of the sentiment!)

I'm also linking my card to:
Stamps:  Skyscapes - Stampendous, sentiment unknown.
Paper:  Arches Watercolor, White & Hawaiian Shores - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  watercolor paints, paint brush, water, Small Gothic Window Die - Poppy Stamps, foam dots.

10 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Just beautiful!!

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful summer scene Julia with the promise of some summer sunshine and beach days to come xxx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Summer beach scene, Julia. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. You need to keep this cool card to make your hot days more tolerable. Hugs..

Redanne said...

Oh Julia, I just love this gorgeous card, it makes me want to go to the sea right now! Stunning watercolouring and I just love the placement of the frame! Hugs, Anne xx

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous card Julia! My stamp room is the coolest room in the house...almost cold with the AC running... I love it! haha

Bonnie said...

It's hot here too. I'm so thankful for air conditioning! I love your seaside scene! That ocean breeze would feel really good right now! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Christine Alexander said...

I love the beach scene you created, there's nothing better than dipping your feet in the ocean on a hot day :). Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

Susan said...

Love the way you highlighted the umbrella and chair with the arched window! A great card depicting the heat of summer. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

90 degrees ... yikes!! I'm happy that your "trip" to the ocean made you feel a little cooler, Julia. :) LOVE this design. The sand and the sea are so beautiful and that chair is the perfect place to kick back and relax. Love how you brought focus with your window. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card...love your sweet beach scene! Wish all the hot weather we have been having, this is where I think I need to be.