Sunday, January 7, 2018

Silent, Soft and Slow

I didn't think I was going to make any Christmas cards yet, 
(although I do make them throughout the year so I'm ready when December rolls around!)
but I was inspired by some cards I've seen out there with the snowfall embossing 
and remembered I had this lovely embossing folder from Tim Holtz 

I cut a panel of watercolor paper slightly smaller than my white card base.  I embossed the snowfall on the panel.  I die cut the trees using Tim's Tree Line Thinlit dies out of a piece I had in my scraps box. 
 I made the panel using the Cling Wrap Technique - sprinkling Sleight Blue Infusions onto a piece of Bristol Smooth Surface paper, spritzing with water, then quickly laying a piece of cling wrap over the wet panel and squishing it up to create wrinkles in the cling wrap.  Then you let it dry and remove the cling - and you get lovely "marbleized" looking color.
The sentiment is one from Alison Bombers set EAB05 from PaperArtsy.  
 I stamped Merry Christmas on the inside of my card.

I'm linking my card to:

You'll find links on the Cling Wrap Technique here too!



Stamps:  Alison Bomber set EAB05 - PaperArtsy
Paper:  White - PTI, Canson Water Color Paper, Bristol Smooth Surface Paper
Ink:  Archival Jet Black
Accessories:  Cling Wrap from supermarket, water mister, Sleight Blue Infusions - PaperArtsy, foam tape, Snowfall Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Tree Line Thinlit die - Tim Holtz/Sizzix.

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love how the cling wrap adds dimension to the stand of trees! A sweet peaceful card, Julia!

Loll said...

Love the subtle design and texture of the cling wrap trees, Julia. Lovely Christmas card. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, I'm so happy I persuaded you to make another Christmas card:) It's so pretty, I love the die cut and the snowy embossed background.

LeAnne said...

I love Longfellow and I love your card! What a pretty scene and lovely technique!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Longfellow quote, Julia. So perfect for your dry eb snow background and gorgeous die cut trees from your cling wrap background piece. I love every detail. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Susan said...

This is so lovely - wonderful peaceful feel to it, and a great quote! The cling wrap background was perfect for die cutting your trees. I will have to CASE this one!

Monika Reeck said...

I love that snowflake Embossing Folder you have used
soft texture and great CAS card
Love this!
Many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika (DT)

desperatehousewifecraft said...

What a great CAS card you've created and the cling wrap gave those trees a wonderful wonderful movement! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More and we hope to see your wonderful creations again soon! Cheers, Gwendolyn

Sue - said...

Beautiful Christmas card. I love the dark trees against the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

Kara Lynne said...

Such a gorgeous snowfall EF and sentiment to go with your marbleized trees! Your card actually looks "quiet"!

Anita in France said...

Gosh, this is beautiful, Julia ... gorgeous texture in that lovely snowfall ... and a fabulous shadowy-ness on the back of trees! Calm and wonderfully serene! Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

I really adore this lovely card! The cling wrap trees (just recently added that die to my collection) in front of the snowfall background - such a peaceful scene!
Thank you for your kind words on my blog!

MaryH said...

So pretty, and the falling snow enhances those dark & lovely trees. I must try some infusions (I have some, just haven't tried as yet!) I think I have a tree line die similar to this...TFS & have a great weekend.

Robyn Oliver said...

Brilliant use of the cling wrap background - excellent soft silhouette.