Monday, February 12, 2018

Risen!

There was a really fun New Techniques challenge over on Splitcoaststampers today.   Painting with Cardboard.  Judy shared a YouTube Video with us showing just what this was all about!
I'm already in Easter mode -  Easter is early this year, April 1 - and two friends and I make cards to sell at church.   
I made two cards using the technique - using different colors and I have a few photos to show how I made them.
You start out by taking an empty toilet paper roll and cutting a fringe on one end.  Bend the fringe back and pounce the fringe into the acrylic paint (lightest first) and press it onto your card panel.  You repeat the process with the same color until you have the look you want, then you go to the next darker color and finish with the darkest color.
For my blue card - I used PaperArtsy Haystack, Guacamole, and Sky.  This shows the panel after applying my first color.
And here is is with all 3 of the colors.
After I made the panel above,  I added a little water with my paintbrush to the ink circles on my nonstick sheet and was able to 'stamp' another panel - it came out a little lighter.
Then I cleaned up my mat, made a new toilet paper roll 'brush' and used two different paints to make another panel.  Here I used PaperArtsy Tango and Zesty Zing.
I made two panels of these colors as well - and here they are all done.
As soon as I saw the lovely 'bursts' this technique created I knew I wanted to use this He is Risen stamp on them.

I added 3 white sequins to each card and framed them in two of the colors used on the design and then adhered it all to a white card base.

I'm linking my card to:




Stamps:  Denami Designs 
Paper: white, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice - PTI
Ink: Hero Hues Black
Accessories: empty toilet paper roll, Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics Haystack, Guacamole, Sky, Tango and Zesty Zing, Winter Blend Sequins - Avery Elle



7 comments:

Lisa H said...

what a fun technique! Thanks Julia. this would be a great project to do in my kids' art class. They would love painting with cardboard. =)

Christine Alexander said...

cool technique, looks fun to try out. Love your colour combos:)

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful artsy sunburst, Julia. Perfect with your sentiment, which has such a beautiful font. TFS my friend. Hugs

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun technique with fabulous unique results. The sentiment is so perfect on your fabulous cards x

Redanne said...

Wow Julia, you have used that technique beautifully, your cards are gorgeous. I cannot tell you what a mess I made when I tried this technique a while back, but you have encouraged me to have another go... aprons at the ready!! Hugs, Anne xx

Bonnie said...

I saw this video and was fascinated! I love the burst of color that it makes and the colors you've used, Julia! Fantastic Easter cards!

Loll said...

What a fun technique. Just goes to show how creative crafters can be by using something that would be thrown away! :) LOVE the colours you've used on both cards. Fantastic design and perfect for He is Risen! xx